Yoga Reconsidered Online Conference
NOW: "Yoga on the Eve of Colonialism" with Jason Birch
After completing a DPhil in Oriental Studies at Balliol College, University of Oxford, Jason was a research fellow at the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies and a visiting associate professor at Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles. In 2015 he was invited to research the histories of Yoga, Ayurveda and Rasashastra as a visiting post-doctoral fellow on a project called AyurYog at the University of Vienna. He is currently a post-doctoral research fellow at SOAS University of London on the Haṭha Yoga Project, which has been funded for five years by the ERC. His area of research is the history of physical yoga on the eve of colonialism. He is editing and translating six texts on Haṭha and Rājayoga, which are outputs of the project, and supervising the work of two research assistants at the Ecole française d’ Extrême-Orient, Pondicherry.
At SOAS Jason has taught two courses for the MA in Traditions of Yoga and Meditation and a Sanskrit reading course for fourth-year undergraduates. He has given seminars on the history of yoga for MA programs at the Università Ca’ Foscari in Venice, Italy and Won Kwang University in Iksan, South Korea. He also collaborates with Jacqueline Hargreaves on The Luminescent.
PREVIOUSLY: "Authenticity and Transformations in Yoga Traditions" with Suzanne Newcombe [A Conversation with Jacob Kyle]
PREVIOUSLY: "Healthcare and Longevity Practices in Ayurveda, Yoga, and rasaśāstra" with Dagmar Wujastyk
PREVIOUSLY: "Visual and Material Evidence of Medieval Yoga and Yogis" with Seth Powell
PREVIOUSLY: "Yoga History - Taking the Long View" with Christopher Key Chapple
upcoming courses @ Embodied Philosophy
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 18th, 2018
- 10am EST: Christopher Key Chapple - "Yoga History: Taking the Long View"
- 12pm EST: Seth Powell - "Visual and Material Evidence of Medieval Yoga and Yogis"
- 2pm EST: Dagmar Wujastyk - "Healthcare and Longevity Practices in Ayurveda, Yoga, and rasaśāstra"
- 4pm EST: Suzanne Newcombe - "Authenticity and Transformations in Yoga Traditions"
- 6pm EST: Jason Birch - "Yoga on the Eve of Colonialism"
Join or start a conversation on today's talks in "Embodied Philosophy Forum", our private Facebook community.
Yoga Reconsidered Forever / Videos, MP3s, YA Credits, EP Credits, and 3 other bonuses
- 20 Hours of Teachings for your wisdom library.
- 13 Videos from the Conference
- BONUS #1: 13 MP3 versions of the Talks
- BONUS #2: 13 PDF Transcripts
- BONUS #3: 20 Yoga Alliance Credits
- BONUS #4: 20 Embodied Philosophy Credits
- BONUS #5: Bhagavad Gita Lecture with Professor Edwin Bryant (3 Hours of Lecture)
- BONUS #6: Future of the Yoga Teacher Panel Discussion
- BONUS #7: 25% OFF Scholarship for Future EP Courses
NOTE: Those who choose to upgrade will receive full access to all the upgrade content by end of day, February 18th.
DONATE TO EMBODIED PHILOSOPHY
Please consider helping to offset the costs of our programs and written work by donating to Embodied Philosophy. We greatly appreciate your support.
Become a patron of our podcast, CHITHEADS, for as little as $1 per month.