Rod Stryker (also known as Yogarupa) is widely considered one of the West's leading authorities on yoga, tantra and meditation. He has taught for more than thirty-five years, is the founder of ParaYoga® and author of The Four Desires: Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity, and Freedom. Rod has contributed to countless wellness publications and recently launched one of the most comprehensive online yoga teacher trainings in the world. At the forefront of integrating ancient yogic wisdom into a broad array of modern-day applications, he is a thought leader and mentor to thousands of ParaYoga practitioners and hundreds of teachers throughout the world. Rod lives in Colorado with his wife and four children.
In this episode, we discuss...
- The two pulls of life: to be active in the world, and to dive into deep practice.
- The two periods of deep practice engaged with per year.
- Neuroscience says it takes 40 days to forge new neural pathways.
- The importance of Tradition.
- The fundamental misassumptions about where we're going with practice.
- Rod's motivation for writing The Four Desires: Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity, and Freedom.
- Yoga and Politics.
To find out more about Rod...