Kelly Brogan, M.D. is a Manhattan-based holistic women’s health psychiatrist, author of the book, A Mind of Your Own and co-editor of the landmark textbook, Integrative Therapies for Depression. She completed her psychiatric training and fellowship at NYU Medical Center after graduating from Cornell University Medical College, and has a B.S. from MIT in Systems Neuroscience. She is board certified in psychiatry, psychosomatic medicine, and integrative holistic medicine, and is specialized in a root-cause resolution approach to psychiatric syndromes and symptoms. She is on the board of GreenMedInfo, Functional Medicine University, Pathways to Family Wellness, NYS Perinatal Association, Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation, Mindd Foundation, the peer-reviewed, indexed journal Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, and the Nicholas Gonzalez Foundation. She is Medical Director for Fearless Parent and a founding member of Health Freedom Action. She is a mother of two.
In this episode, we discussed...
- Kelly's orthodox medical background and what brought her to holistic psychiatry.
- How the guild of psychiatry is one of the greatest threats to the soul's journey.
- How the idea the "tears" being a sign of illness is a destructive notion.
- What Kelly learned in India.
- Notions of mental illness.
- The pharmaceutical industry and it's fear-driven marketing.
- The relationship between what we eat and our emotional health.
- The good news about how we can heal ourselves.