JP Sears is an emotional healing coach, YouTuber, author, international teacher, speaker at events, world traveler, and curious student of life. His work empowers people to live more meaningful lives. JP is the author of “How To Be Ultra Spiritual,” which was published by Sounds True in 2017. He is very active with his online videos where he encourages healing and growth through his humorous and entertainingly informative videos, including his hit Ultra Spiritual comedy series, which has accumulated over 100 million views. You can learn more about JP and his work at AwakenWithJP.com.
In this episode we discuss...
- the process of creativity and how it helps us heal, move past limiting beliefs and psychological toxins
- how the "creative state" can elicit a conscious connection between the self-identified self and other (example tree)
- JP’s satire as a commentary around the ego’s tendency to latch on to a practice as a control drama
- how transparency and vulnerability are some of the most healing forces available to us
- the challenges and difficulties JP has dealt with as his brand grows in popularity
- the three biggest challenges of the yoga/spiritual community
- western discourse and the lack of recognition in the divinity of discomfort