Constantina Rhodes is an acclaimed scholar of Sanskrit and the spiritual traditions of India, as well as a Certified Intuitive Consultant and Certified Instructor of Intuitive Development. Constantina holds a doctorate in South Asian Languages and Religions from Columbia University. She was a full professor with tenure at Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida before moving back to New York City, where she teaches in the Program in Religion at Hunter College of the City University of New York. She has served on the steering committee of the Society for Tantric Studies; was an inaugural member of the Tantric Studies Group of the American Academy of Religion; and has held prestigious elected office as President of the American Academy of Religion. Constantina has practiced yoga and meditation for most of her life. She spent two years living and studying in India, and over the course of several decades she has received mantra initiation in the lineages of Transcendental Meditation, Integral Yoga, and Siddha Yoga. She is a Level II Usui Reiki practitioner and draws upon healing energy within her sessions. As a Certified Intuitive Consultant, Constantina engages in an ancient art that both enhances and is enhanced by her longtime meditation practice.
In this episode we discuss...
- Introduction to the goddess Lakshmi
- The four abodes of Lakshmi, where do you find her within spiritual texts and practice? (karma, arta, dharma, moksha)
- Alakshmi (Lakshmi’s sister) her qualities and how they can be interpreted in our daily lives
- Lakshmi’s identifying iconography
- The meaning of the word Lakshmi = the form of auspiciousness
- The various forms of Lakshmi including the Vedic, Paranic and Tantric
- How we can recognize abundance through the lens of Lakshmi
- Lakshmi’s relationship with song and sound.